Please be aware before you submit your leave of absence as you can NOT cancel the leave of absence once the procedure is finalized.
Graduation is not permitted during leave of absence.
- A. Application before beginning of semester (before tuition payment): 2021.6.21.(Mon) ~ 2021.8.31.(Tue)
- B. Application after semester begins (after tuition payment): 2021.9.1.(Wed) ~ 2021.11.29.(Mon)
- C. Business startup leave of absence application: 2021.6.21.(Mon) ~ 2021.7.30.(Fri)
Leave of absence application is only available during the above mentioned period.
How to apply
- A. Undergraduate Students
- 1) Online application via Eureka ⇒ Apply ⇒ Submit (your application will be submitted right after online application)
- 2) Exceptions : procedures for students who are not automatically submitted online.
Exceptions - procedures for students who are not automatically submitted online
- Online application ⇒ Cannot Submit, Print Application ⇒ Visit Office of International Student Affairs(ECC B329) and Submit Application ⇒ Office of International Student Affairs confirm submission
- Students do not need to visit the Student Service Center
|Scholarship holders who need to refund scholarships
- Cannot Submit (Application temporarily saved)
- Online application ⇒ Cannot Submit, Scholarship Refund Pop-up appears ⇒ Complete Refund Procedure ⇒ Press Submit⇒ Submit
|Student who has not entered her bank account details
- Cannot Submit (Application temporarily saved)
- Online application ⇒ Cannot Submit, Bank Account Detail Requirement Pop-up appears ⇒ Enter Bank Account Details ⇒ Press Submit ⇒ Submit
- B. Graduate Students
- Online application (Eureka > Academic affairs > School registry > Leave of absence request) ⇒ Print application ⇒ Sign on application and receive confirmation signatures from your Academic Advisor (or Head of Department if your advisor is absent), and Head of Department ⇒ Visit the Student Service Center (ECC B303) and submit application ⇒ Submission Complete
International students (including Foreign Resident Koreans(교포)) must visit the Office of International Student Affairs(ECC B329) and receive a stamp before submitting the application to the Student Service Center
Student Service Center working hours : Weekdays 09:00~17:00
Tuition Refund (Students on leave after registration)
- A. Students on leave after registration will receive a tuition refund according to the leave of absence submission date.
- B. Tuition refund will be made to the bank account number entered in the Eureka system. The bank account number must be under the students name.
|Leave of absence submission date
|2 weeks from the first day of classes
(Sep 1 ~ Sep 14)
|Full tuition refund
|Up to 30 days from the first day of classes
(Sep 15 ~ Sep 30)
|5/6 of tuition refund
|Up to 60 days from the first day of classes
(Oct 1 ~ Oct 30)
|2/3 of tuition refund
|Up to 90 days from the first day of classes
(Oct 31 ~ Nov 29)
|1/2 of tuition refund
If you are not automatically submitted after online application (due to scholarship refunds, not entering bank account details), you must complete the said requirement and press submit. The submission date will be counted on the basis of your date of submission.
- C. Undergraduates: Scholarship refunds prior leave of absence application must be made during the Office of Scholarship and Welfare working hours (weekdays 09:00~17:00)
- D. Graduates: Submission date will be based on the date you have submitted the application form to the student service center. However, if the submission date deadline is a weekend or a national holiday, online applications which were complete before the deadline can be accepted from the Student Service Center for submission until the next working day.
- A. Leave of absence for the first semester is not permitted for incoming undergraduate, transfer students or readmission students.
- B. Leave of absence for the first semester is permitted for graduate students once the semester has started. However, leave of absence during the first semester is not allowed for the combined undergraduate and graduate program students
- C. Undergraduate and graduate course completed students cannot apply for leave of absence.
- D. Graduation is not permitted during leave of absence (※ 2021-2nd semester leave of absence students cannot graduate on Feb 2022)
- E. You cannot exceed the maximum number of semesters you can use for the leave of absence. You can check your cumulative number of semesters you have used at Eureka > Academic affairs > School registry > Leave of absence request > Statement of leave of absence
- F. If you plan to extend your leave of absence, do not register tuition fees and apply and submit your leave of absence before the 31st of Aug 2021.
(Graduate students must submit the application form to the student service center within working hours)
- G. Leave of absence submission for the 2021-2nd semester must be made before before the 29th of Nov 2021.
- H. You should return all borrowed books and complete payment for overdue charges before leave of absence application.
- I. Tuition refund will be made to the bank account number entered in the Eureka system, if leave of absence submission is completed after registration. The refund amount will differ according to your leave of absence submission date.
- J. Students should update their contact information in case of emergencies during their leave of absence.
- K. For further details, please refer to Academics > Academic Resources > School Register > Leave of absence